CONGRATS TO THE 2017-2018 SUGAR LAND TEAM!
(To REGISTER for EPIC All Stars in Aliana, contact the studio.)
The EPIC All Stars...
This is a performance team for beginner to intermediate students ages 6-12 yrs old. Team members are required to purchase uniform pieces. They must attend All Star class each week, occasional extra rehearsals, and take one other class at EPIC during the dance year (August through May). They perform at community events and participate in extra studio events. They do not compete regularly, but they may have the option of attending 1 dance convention and/or competition with our dance companies (Director's discretion). Occasionally, extra rehearsals are on Saturdays. Most performances are on the weekends.
The EPIC All Stars program is designed to give our dancers extra opportunities to perform throughout the dance year. The team(s) is divided by age and ability. Traditionally, the All Star program has been for beginner to intermediate level dancers, and ages have ranged from 6-12 yrs old. Some years, we have an All Star team and a Junior All Star team.
Here are some more general facts:
- We must have at least 5 dancers for a team to make. There is not a determined maximum for number of dancers.
- All Stars buy a uniform that they wear for all performances.
- All Stars buy a “rehearsal uniform” that they wear for every class. This also serves as a back-up outfit for events, if needed.
- Team members are not required to dance in the summer, but it is recommended.
- For the 2017-2018 year, team members will need to enroll in the weekly All Star class plus one other class at EPIC. They can take tap, ballet, jazz, lyrical, leaps/turns, or hip hop.
- Most of the routines for All Stars will be jazz based. Routines may also be prop or pom routines.
- All Stars should expect to participate in 1-3 performances each semester. Members receive “projected” schedules at the beginning of the semester. Notice of any conflicts must be given to the Director ASAP.
- A majority of communication for events is done through email, remind texts, and Dropbox documents.
- Rehearsal, event, class, and performance commitment is expected of all members.
- Members will get a contract in August. No member is “official” until the contracts are signed and turned in to the office.
- Extra rehearsals are kept to a minimum, but sometimes they are necessary. As much advance notice as possible is given…they are usually on Saturdays.
- Most performances are on Saturdays.
- All Stars do 1 All Star dance in the recital. They may have others dances depending on which classes they take.
- Depending on level of dancers, the Director may ask some to attend a dance convention (Dupree) in January/February.
- All Stars may be included in one competition in March.
EPIC Center for Dance © 2013